FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

WALNUT-CREAM CHEESE-GRAPE POPPERS

Thank God its Friday !!!! A long weekend that too !! Loads of time to sleep and be lazy. I have decided I will give chores a complete miss this weekend, and enjoy, with a capital E. Well, the KC Restaurant Week is kickstarting this weekend, so loads to eat out. What caught my eye in most of the special menus in the featured restaurants, are their list of hor d'oeuvres. I think I could probably make a meal out of just ordering hor d'oeuvres. Which reminded me of a hor d'oeuvre which Hubby made last Summer at a lunch we were hosting. He had made Walnut-Cream Cheese-Grape Poppers. 

The man is always thinking of new menus whenever we are hosting. He has a strong aversion towards being repetitive, and is always outdoing himself, at every party we host. Well, the man does have a love affair with the kitchen I must say. My Mom says I am plain lucky, while I smile on. Men who cook does have its own charm undeniably. Well, tonight he is gonna be cooking up some Pomfret, so I am waiting for dinner, quite anxiously. 

The idea about these Poppers was that he had very less time, after making an elaborate Chicken Bharta(I am yet to pen that down too), and he wanted an innovative appetizer. So the grapes, the cream cheese and his favorite walnuts came to the party together. Its one the simplest appetizers to make and yet it packs a punch in the taste department. Who knew three ingredients could make such a crowd pleasing appetizer ! And its a great option, if you are thinking of veggie options for appetizers, to serve along with your non-veg ones. 

While I grappled with the camera, along with my own cooking, he had already a plate full of poppers. I am guilty of not taking proper pictures, of the whole process. Sorry about that. We did a taste test together, before the guests started pouring in, and I wanted to reach for a second and even a third, if he was not looking straight at me. We were serving some full bodied Red Wine,and these poppers paired so well. So I noted in my mental food pairing journal, about this combo. They were just the right size,and no one felt too full, to give main course a miss.I hate hor d'oeuvres which make me feel so full, that I cannot do justice to the main course, prepared by the host/hostess. 

So if you are planning that quick party, go ahead, and make some  Walnut-Cream Cheese-Grape Poppers and trust me you will be praising D-Boy for this quick and easy recipe. 


WALNUT-CREAM CHEESE-GRAPE POPPERS : 

Ingredients: 
Green Grapes: A bunch(Make sure that the grapes are nice and firm) 
Cream Cheese: One 8 oz pack, at room temperature
Walnuts: Around 2 cups
Salt: To taste
Some toothpicks

Procedure: 

Separate the grapes from the bunch and wash and dry them with a paper towel. Select the ones which are biggest in the bunch. He had used green seedless grapes, feel free to use any kind you prefer. 


Grind the walnuts in a food processor, and dry roast them in a sheet pan at 350F for around 5 mins or so. 


Cool them to room temperature. 

Use a fork to mash up the room temperature cream cheese, season with a dash of salt. 

Take a grape, roll it first in cream cheese, and then in the crushed roasted walnuts. 





Stick in a toothpick and serve !! 



Bon Appetit !!! 






3 comments

  1. Amar ekhuni khete iche korche :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to come over here to read the recipe !! Too good..

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are very good story teller.. love to read it..
    http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete