FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

CILANTRO LEMON PASTA IN CREAMY ALFREDO SAUCE :

Pasta is my definition of easy dinner !
Prawns are my definition of easy cooking(if such a phrase exists) Proteins !
So more often than not these two find a place on our dinner plates, especially on weekdays.

Now that I have officially given calorie count a miss, I can indulge in cheesy goodness totally without guilt. Maybe the man, has to spend some extra hours at the gym for all this calorie overload, but he ain't complaining.So it was Cilantro Lemon Pasta in a creamy Alfredo Sauce !!



Some of my friends tell me, that why do I take the trouble of making Alfredo sauce, when I can just pour it out of a bottle. Yes, I can do that, but somehow, I find store bought Alfredo Sauce to be very clawing. So I try and whip up some, whenever I am in the mood. I am all for semi-homemade meals, only when the end result does not taste like cardboard.

I swear by heavy Cream and I am proud of it .

Sometime back, we had picked up a packet of Green Pasta ! The color caught Deb's eye, and when he read the ingredient list, he was all smiles. The Pasta was flavored with cilantro and lemon, and that's combination which is very pleasing to our desi taste buds. The recipe on the packet, asked for a sweet and tangy orange sauce, made with orange juice concentrate and and some slices of ham. Off late, Deli Meats(though super favorites) are off limits for me, courtesy the Doc. So I reached out for the Prawns in the freezer instead and settled for an almost basic Alfredo Sauce.

A colorful and tasty dinner plate, which made the weeknight not seem so mundane.


CILANTRO LEMON PASTA IN CREAMY ALFREDO SAUCE : 

Ingredients: 
Cilantro Lemon Pasta: 8 oz: You can cook with any kind of Pasta. Just bump up the lemon zest and cilantro proportions. 
Cilantro: A handful: Chopped finely
Lemon Zest: 1 tbsp
Heavy Cream: 1/2 cup
Prawns: 1 cup (Shelled and De-veined)
Olive Oil: 2 tbsp
Onion: 1/2 : Sliced finely
Garlic: 4 large cloves: Minced
Salt: to taste
Black Pepper: 1 tsp
Butter: 1 tbsp(more if you wanna OD like me)
Grated Parmesan Cheese: 2 tbsp:
Gouda:: 3-4 shavings or more

Procedure: 
In a large non stick pan, add in the olive oil, butter and the onions. Once the onion starts getting translucent, add in the minced garlic and fry for another minute or so.




Add in the prawns and the lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.


Cook the Pasta al dente(with a bite) according to package instructions, with some salt. Drain and keep aside. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.


 Fry the prawns , till they start turning pink.



Add in the cream and some more butter(the butter at this stage is optional.)Mix everytging well. Make sure that you have turned the heat to low.


Add in the cheeses and let it all bubble away. Make sure to stir in between.



Once the sauce starts thickening, do a  taste test and add in the pasta.


Toss everything together, add in the chopped cilantro. Add in some pasta water, if you feel that the sauce has thickened way too much.



Serve hot !!

Bon Appetit !!



20 comments