FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

NAKED PALETTE 3 : REVIEW AND TUTORIAL : BEAUTY


I had mentioned in my ULTA HAUL that I had picked up the NAKED 3 PALETTE. I had been blown away by the NAKED 1 years back, so it took me some time to get over it, and venture into another NUDE palette from the same brand. I have skipped NAKED 2 for now.


Lets start with PACKAGING AND FREEBIES.  Unlike the NAKED 1 with its single brush, NAKED 3 contains a dual ended synthetic Make Up Brush, with an impressive rose gold body. I am a sucker for Rose gold packaging and rose gold anything. It also comes up with 4 samples of URBAN DECAY PRIMER POTION in ORIGINAL, EDEN(nude matte), SIN(shimmer), and ANTI-AGING. While the NAKED 1 came in a cardboard and velvet packaging, the NAKED 3 is stronger in an all metal rose gold packaging with a pretty large mirror. Which makes it not only a perfect size for travelling,but also sturdy enough.


Coming down to the actual product, we find that there are 12 Eye Shadows. If NAKED 1 was golden brown, NAKED 3 is more ROSE TONED in its choice of NUDES. The colors are super blendable and very highly pigmented. As the colors are lighter toned, the fall outs being visible is less of an issue. But fall outs is a problem with Urban Decay Eye shadows in general.

The colors range from pale pinks to  purples and shimmers,but what caught my eye and attention the most was the color called BLACKHEART. Its a deep matte black with red micro glitter in it. It somehow reminded me of MAC'S BEAUTY MARKED. I haven't come across such a color in many years. Among the Matte Shades NOONER is surely a winner in its own right.

Pink eye shadow is pretty tricky to wear, as it can give an impression that you are sick if not used properly. Moreover this Palette has many frosty shimmers which can make you look dated if not used in conjunction with Mattes or a good Transition Color. You don't want to look like you have stepped out of the 80's with frosty eye shadow. While NAKED 1 was targeted more for Warmer skin tones, and NAKED 2 towards Cooler Skin Tones, NAKED 3 is better suited as it works well with everyone.


So I decided to go ahead and give the colors a spin for a special night out. It was the anniversary of when we got our Marriage License and a special Date Night called for unboxing of the magic called NAKED 3.





DATE NIGHT SMOKEY EYES TUTORIAL WITH NAKED 3: 

I started with my BASIC FOUNDATION AND CONCEALER ROUTINE as outlined in my EVERYDAY SPRING MAKE UP TUTORIAL

I prepped my eyes with URBAN DECAY PRIMER POTION in ORIGINAL.

I picked up BUZZ(Metallic Rose shimmer with silver microglitter) on a flat shader brush and used it from the inner corner of the eyelid to the middle of it.

Then I opted for NOONER(Medium Pinky Borwn Matte) with a fluffy crease brush and used it on the outer corner and crease in circular motions. Go light handed when you are dealing with Matte Shades. You can always build up as you go. I went ahead and increased the intensity by packing in my favorite shade of the palette, BLACKHEART on the extreme outer corner. This lent in that extra smokiness and sultriness.

Then I used NAKED from NAKED 1 palette as a transition color to blend out any harsh lines. the key to a great looking eye make up is to blend blend and blend your eye shadows.

Finally I sweeped DUST(Pale Pink Metallic Shimmer with iridescent mirco glitter) as a subtle highlight below the brows.

Used  MAC GEL LINER in BLACKTRACK to line my eyes and MAYBELLINE FALSIES MASCARA in Black(waterproof).

NARS ORGASM BLUSH on the Cheeks and MAC'S KELLY YUM YUM Lipstick. Its a matte hot pink Lipstick from the limited Edition collaboration of Kelly Osbourne and Sharon Osbourne last Summer. Its basically CANDY YUM YUM with a bluish twist. The idea was to play up the pinks of the eyes with a bold Pink Lip. My Outfit of the Night was all black and I had a multicolor Pink Bag from Coach to bring it all together.

This is just the first of the looks that I tried with this Palette. Many more to come.

LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS POST: 

ULTA HAUL: http://journotalk.blogspot.com/2015/03/ulta-haul-and-make-up-gifts.html

MASTERING GEL LINERhttp://journotalk.blogspot.com/2015/04/mastering-gel-liner-step-by-step-guide.html

EVERYDAY SPRING MAKE UP TUTORIALhttp://journotalk.blogspot.com/2015/04/everyday-spring-make-up-step-by-step.html

FOUNDATION AND CONCEALER BASICS http://journotalk.blogspot.com/2015/02/foundation-and-concealer-basics-make-up.html

No comments