FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

OOTD : DENIM-LEATHER- LACE : VEST SIDE STORY

Vests are all over the Spring -Summer Fashion scene. From the runways to the streets, you can spot some avatar of the Vest on women of all ages.  And the sheer diversity of styles, is what makes it very versatile. From denim vests, to super floral ones, from Moto styles to lacy versions, you can find something for everyone. I am a big victim of this trend as I have stashed a lot of vests in my collection over the years. So I decided to start a series on the VESTS in my collection and aptly call it VEST SIDE STORY.

One of the latest trends this year, is Denim on Lace. I jumped on the bandwagon and picked up a vest in this combo myself. But that post is for another time and day. As I admired the new vest, I suddenly remembered that I had another Vest which had Denim and lace on it, but I had not used it in years. Thus began the search for the old vest. And there it was discarded right at the back of the closet with some old Size 0 clothes of mine.

This Vest is perfectly en pointe with the current fashion scene ,as it combines two current Fashion Rends: VESTS & DENIM-LACE


This denim and lace vest I had picked up years back, in Kolkata(India),from a quaint little boutique. Its dark wash and almost like a cropped vest. Or maybe now that I am a size 4,that's how my pre-pregnacncy size 0 clothing looks like. Its got black leather tie ups at front which kinda complete the Holy Trinity of Lace,denim and Leather together.

I decided to pair with Light Wash denim Jeggings from American Eagle and a basic solid color Tee from Target. I wanted to underplay the rest of the outfit, so that the focus would be on the Vest.

For my footwear, I opted for my Buck Skin Steve Madden Boots. I had rolled those down, to reveal the plaid inside.

Where my Make up was concerned I was trying out a new red Lipstick .Denim, leather and Red lips, usually doesn't fail when paired properly.



No comments