FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

OOTD: MIXING UP PRINTS

The other day when I wore this dress for a Brunch and a trip to the Mall, a lady complemented my outfit. She also added in that I must be a very Happy Person generally, to pull this dress off. I didn't know what to make of her second comment, but I just smiled it off and went my way. While I agree that not everyone will gravitate towards this dress , it called out to me,from the racks,when I had first laid my eyes on it.

Mixing up Prints has been quite a hot topic for some time. Every one has their two cents on  it. I find such posts quite interesting to see the sheer magnitude of possibilities with Prints. Guess its my fascination with this topic, which had made my pick up out this dress last summer.


Think of a category of Prints and this dress has some reference of it. Yet it all comes together, in a beautiful cohesive manner. It has some Vintagey panels along the middle, some stripes and even Polka Dots. Surely, this dress is not for the faint hearted. But for me, such bright colors and prints, scream Spring.

The prints are all of different sizes, so that helps in blending it all together. One of the keys in mixing up prints is to keep a tab on the Size and Color of the prints. The prints should be of different sizes,that helps prevent it from looking like your granny's patch work quilt.

The Color Scheme is what matters next when mixing things up. Pick out one color and co-ordinate that ,while mixing up the prints. In this case, the blues and aqua shades across the dress provide the unifying factor in the dress. The color scheme fools the eye to see beyond the otherwise clashing prints.


As there was so much going on on the dress, I opted for my Zara bag in in Rose Gold, which had some lovely gold detailing on it. I am a sucker for Rose Gold in any form, and this dress was the perfect pairing for this nude beauty.

Where shoes were concerned, I played the Spring Blues card again and opted for some Royal Blue flats from Steve Madden.





1 comment

  1. Fantastic description &detail of prints. The woman saying u must be a happy person to wear that made perfect sense !

    ReplyDelete