FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

FATHER'S DAY SPECIAL


Happy Father's Day to my Dad and my Baby's Dad !!! Special days require a special post, don't they. These are days which make you feel how far you are away from your family and how it doesn't get any easier with the years rolling by.

Last year,after any many years, I had the opportunity  of spending Father's Day with my Father in Kolkata, India. We were invited for lunch and also dinner at two of my Maternal Uncle's homes in the suburbs. So I hatched a plan with my cousins. Got in a cake and had my Dad and two of his Brothers -in -Law celebrate Father's Day with their kids. It is one memory, I really hold close to my  heart. Its all about making the most of every moment that I get for my trips back to India. So this Father's Day, when me and my Dad are in two different continents, I had to make do with just a  phone call, a blog post and looking at the pictures from las year, a few dozen times.





But it came with a flip side. While I was celebrating with my Dad, my daughter and her Dad were into different continents. I called in a favor with some friends of our sin KC, who made the day special for him. And Me and my daughter had his gift with him, in our bags, when we boarded that long flight home.

My Father is one person, who is very special in more ways than one. And no, I am not saying that because I am his daughter. Have a word with people who have truly known him over the years and they will give you a similar response. As a Dad, I know he is and will always be more than perfect. He let go of plush promotions at work, because that would have entailed him traveling across the country for a larger part of every month. Which in turn, would cut down drastically on the amount of time. he got to spend with me and my younger brother. Family Life as he always told us, is a choice we make, and its up to us, how we choose to live by that choice. He believes in giving more than 100 percent to it, till date.

He is an extremely knowledgeable man and what me and my brother have imbibed from him, is probably 10 percent of his knowledge base. Throw the man, any topic under the sun. I kid you not. And He would be able to talk about it and what he would speak would have you asking for more. Be it Wines or be it how should a hot dog be grilled, to the latest model of Lamborghini, you will be just amazed when you start talking to him. An extremely Well-Read Man to be precise.

 He always taught us the importance of being a better person than being just a successful person. And thats one thing, I wish to imbibe in my daughter. How to value a human being as a human being, is  something the world is greatly lacking these days.


So many qualities which are a signature part of the character of Me and my Younger brother, are all from him. My brother and I have rescued so many abandoned animals al across, and now my brother is carrying on that work. Its no surprise that both my parents are avid animal lovers. My father rescued an abused pup, and the way he groomed that baby, it became the best possible family dog I have ever seen. So its no surprise that Riona runs to pet and hug Dogs triple her size.

I love you Baba !! Thank you so much of everything that you do so perfectly, for all of us, all the time. And as they say, THE BEST DADS GET PROMOTED TO BEING GRANDDADS.  You're a fabulous GRANDDAD to my daughter and am sure you will continue the fabulousness to the nephew/neice of mine who, we will meet in a few months. Cheers Dad !!!


No comments