FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

OOTD : FLORALS AND LIME : VEST SIDE STORY


So who remembers that I started a series called VEST SIDE STORY, as I am a hoarder for Vests. vest are surely pretty hot this season,and I have been rocking quite a few of them, for quite a few occasions. Here's my second installment on my short series on VESTS for Spring Summer. And who knows, if I am in the mood, I might even stretch the series for the rest of the year.

I know Spring and Florals are a no brainer. But then you can't help rock florals every year, but with each year with a difference. Its all about re-inventing the florals and re-thinking your outfit choices. I had picked up this FLORAL VEST from FOREVER 21 in the Spring of 2013. I was a new Mom and was looking for layering pieces,which would take the attention of my tummy. I fell in love with this Vest for the way it combined the florals with all the stud detailing on its collars and shoulders. Its like Badass Florals. The Metal detailing give the florals a robust lease of life. Almost make Florals look edgy. And trust me, its a layering piece, with which you can style pretty many outfits.


I have a Lime Green Maxi Dress from MACY's which is racer back. I love it all the year round, but tend to wear it more during this time of the year. I usually always wear the Maxi Dress on its own, as the color is so bright. But this time around, I decided to pair it with my Floral Vest. The whole outfit came together beautifully. Both the dress and the vest were complimenting each other.

As there was such a bright play of colors on the dress and the vest, I went the neutral way when it came to my Bag. I chose a Distressed Leather GUESS  Handbag, which was big enough to carry my DSLR for a day out. One of the reasons why I picked out this handbag was for its metal stud detailing similar to the detailing on my vest.

Essie's Mint Candy Apple on my Nails keeping up the green and aqua theme. I played up the theme further with a pair of TURQUOISE FLIP FLOPS from CHARMING CHARLIE






For my make up, I opted for my basic Everyday Spring Make Up but switched up things a bit along the way. I was playing up the aqua colors all around with my outfit choice, so opted for a Blue Gel Liner: MAC COSMETICS FLUIDLINE in WAVELENGTH. Its a lovely cobalt blue gel liner but came out as a lot darker in  the pics as they were taken on a rather cloudy day. For my lipstick rather than going Coral, I opted for L'OREAL PRIVEE COLLECTION'S DOUTZEN'S NUDE with RIMMEL'S EAST END SNOB LIPLINER. Slicked back my hair in a low bun and ironed out my bangs. My silver hoops and white gold-diamond nose pin completed the picture for me. 

So go ahead and give florals a new lease of life in your Summer wardrobe this year. Florals need not resemble your Granny's curtains and can be styled quite interestingly. 



LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS POST:

OOTD; DENIM-LACE-LEATHER : VEST SIDE STORY : http://journotalk.blogspot.com/2015/05/ootd-denim-leather-lace-vest-side-story.html

SPRING MAKE UP : http://journotalk.blogspot.com/2015/04/everyday-spring-make-up-step-by-step.html

L'OREAL PRIVEE NUDES: http://journotalk.blogspot.com/2015/04/loreal-privee-collection-perfect-nude.html

No comments