FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

SHOPPING FOR FALL BOOTIES: FASHION


So the evenings have started getting just a bit cooler, and you can't stay as long as you want to in the pool, any more. Summer is on its way out and Fall is stealthily trying to make an appearance.Editorials everywhere are about how to make a transition to Fall. I wanted to live in denial that Summer  could be stretched, but I cannot do that.

Time to push the flip flops to the back of my shoe closet and bring out the heavier boots. I decided to tread on the middle ground and go shopping for some BOOTIES or ANKLE BOOTS. Its been years since I have worn or bought BOOTIES as such.Some of my longer boots double up as booties, if you fold them down. As it had been that long since I had some new Booties, I decided , now was the right time.

Me and Booties go a long way. I have even had TRANSPARENT BOOTIES, way back in the 90s. My mom might still have some pictures of that infamous pair.

I wanted a pair in which I could walk around a bit. And no heels. The toddler often wants Mommy to carry her and managing that with heels can often be tricky. Not that I haven't done it. And preferably in neutrals.

The first pair which I tried on was a pair from G BY GUESS GIGGY WOMEN'S BOOTIE . This pair was in my eyes very Coachella like. I have never been to Coachella but the sheer abundance of Coachella videos I have seen, gave me that idea. The reason being the Fringe on the bootie. It was all black and in suede. Somehow it had looked better in the display case than when I tired it on. Pretty simple but comfortable.



The next pair I tried on was a Grey colored one from REPORT ELSON. Made of faux suede, it had an easy slip on style. I had some belt detailing going on front and on the side . The color was pretty unique and while I have stilettos in grey, I don't have booties in the color. The man was gushing over the pair when I tried it on. In fact it was him who had pulled it off the display case, and got my size to try it on.




But the pair which wooed me like none, was a black leather pair from G BY GUESS. It had a pointed toe and was shiny and total bad ass. What made it edgier were all the studs around the back. It was a killer pair. In my mind I was already making pairings of it with items from my closet. The only problem was that while it was a pair fit enough for parties, the leather was a bit tough. Once you're a mom,  you seek to strike a balance between style and utility. And this pair was a bit problematic to wear or take off.


So which one did I finally pick up?

I picked up the grey pair. The color was unique and it was a comfy pair. And there's a long weekend not to far away. Who knows where these new booties might take me.


So you want to try out the pair I tried? Here are a few links for the shoes I tried on.

G BY GUESS GGIGGY WOMEN'S BOOTIES 


 G BY GUESS GG ROY WOMEN'S BOOTIES IN BLACK LEATHER AND STUDS 

GREY ANKLE BOOTS BY REPORT ELSON

No comments