FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

BRUNCH AT THE CLASSIC CUP , KANSAS CITY




I love Brunch. Who doesn't, you might just add in. Add to it sunshine and an unexpected warm day, and it becomes extra special. Last Saturday , we drove down to the Country Club Plaza for Brunch at one of our favorite places- The Classic Cup. We didn't have a reservation and all the special window seats were taken. But the beautiful sunshine just meant it was time to dine(brunch) on the patio. I know some of my friends feel that The Classic Cup can be a bit old school , but somehow I really like this place. Their Brunch menu is an eclectic mix. 

Mimosa in hand, I browsed through the all familiar menu.  Don't Mimosas taste even special when you have great company and great sunshine. Cheers to that.We started off with some Hummus and Pita bread. The Hummus was nice and smooth and I loved the warm freshly baked Pita bread. My picky eater even reached out for second and third helpings of the hummus. And i can never convince her to try that at home. 



Mac and Cheese for our daughter and she dug in right away. When a [icky eater does not complain you make sure you send in your compliments to the chef.


For our main course, both of us opted for Low Country Shrimp and Grits. I was on the look out for some good Shrimp and Grits. The last two times, I had ordered it at two different KC eateries, they were a disaster and I was apprehensive when we both ordered it. However, it did not disappoint to say the least. It was decadent yet loaded with spinach and pepper. So we need not have felt guilty over stuffing our mouths with the loaded grits. The chopped andouille sausage added just the right crunch.I loved the hearty gravy . It bought all teh elements together, without being too overpowering.

We were stuffed. Had the deck chairs been recliners, I would have probably fallen asleep ,soaking in some more of the sunshine. A lazy walk around the plaza seemed like a better alternative. Plaza was decked in the colors of the Royals and it made for a pretty walk.


2 comments

  1. Great review and your daughter is a doll...love her sunglasses! 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks a lot Amy ! we could all go for Brunch here, when you are in town next. I was just thinking about you, when we crossed Springfield on a recent work trip to Chicago. Hope you are dong good.

      Delete