FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

KCFW FW'16 FINAL NIGHT RECAP





All good things must come to an end. It was time for the final night of this season of Kansas City Fashion Week. By the time you hit the 4th day, you need your share of energy drinks and caffeine. For me, it was not only the last day of Fashion Week, but also a long ten days of travel and work coming to an end. I had returned from a whirl wind trip from LA to celebrate my toddler's birthday in Disney. I decided to sport the Pantone Color of the Year for my OOTD. More details on the Outfit coming up in an upcoming post.

Coming back to the final night of Runway Shows. Can I please dedicate this post to the finale  Lucia's Sarto by Nataliya Meyer. This gold sequinned sheath gown is the stuff of fantasies. More than a week gone by, and this gown haunts me in my dreams. Its just perfection in every possible way. Her collection is what Finale collections should be. I could be raving about every outfit, but here are a few of my favorites.






Let me stop myself about dreaming about this amazing collection, and pen down about the rest of the night. The last night of the Fashion Week was essentially a Local Night where six Kansas City based designers brought forth their Fall Winter collections.

The evening started off with Architexture by designer husband -wife duo of Christina and John Moncke. What a pop of colors on the runway. Who said Fall had to be monochromatic. The blacks and grey in the jackets blended in beautifully with the pops of color. Loved the jackets. Can I have one of each of the jackets please in size 4 please !


The second designer of the night was Tomboy designs by Laura McGrew. Laura played around with blacks, whites and greys, but she also played around with interesting cut outs and interesting backs. Is it me, or did the clothes look a bit costumey.

Golds were back on the runway with brown and Burgundy for Andrea Marie Long Designs.  I think its always difficult playing around with fabrics like Velvet, as there's a thin line where they can become very costumey. No, I am not repeating myself when I use the same expression for two consecutive designers. Her velvet jumpsuit with a cape was surely a piece of art.The designer was clearly a crowd favorite of the night as she walked out on the runway.



A short break and time for us to grab a drink and pose for some pictures. Jewelry designer Erin Paige opened the second half of the shows . A very interesting detail was that her models were all barefoot as they walked down the runway. Statement jewelry in all its glory. The metals of choice seemed to be bronze and copper which had interesting blue details. I had read somewhere that bronze when reacting to a certain chemical, turns blue. It seems like Erin had used that technique in creating the details on her jewelry. Very ornate and very elaborate.


From handmade jewelry to Menswear, where the designer Christian Micheal clearly returned to the KCFW runway with loud bang. Very modern and edgy. While I liked his play with monochromes, but his red and black floral ensembles were maybe just fit for the runways and not the closet.


A grand finale and it was time to head to the after parties. What a great season came to a close. Looking forward to the next season to celebrate everything fashion yet again.


Official KCFW Photos by the amazing Laura Noll of MarketMox. Thank you Laura. You make me look like a Diva.

The rest of the pictures are by Journospeak. 

If you want to read about the rest of the KCFW fun then click on the label Fashion Week on the Main Menu of the Blog. 

No comments