FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

FALL BEAUTY REFRESH WITH LANCOME X MACY'S - STEP BY STEP MAKEUP TUTORIAL

 


Last weekend, I was invited by Macy's Town Center to learn about the latest trends in Fall Make Up with Lancome. I have been a fan of Lisa Eldrige for years and a tie up with Lancome , seemed like a great idea. I am self confessed Makeup Maniac. My vanity drawers are overflowing and you can still find me trying out new makeup every now and then. A girls gotta do , what a girls gotta do , right. The best thing about my job, is that it helps me do so many fun things, including playing with new make up and trying it. I do it not only for myself, but also for all of you , my lovely readers. Now that makes me feel a less guilty, next time I draw my Make Up buying list.

Coming back to the lovely afternoon. I met up with Lancome Artist, Malia, at Macy's Town Center Plaza, in Leawood, Kansas, as a part of their MakeUp Mastery  event for Fall. I was coming from another event, so had a full face of make up on.

Here's a Step By Step Fall Beauty Tutorial: 

The Tutorial is divided into two parts - Eyes and Complexion.

                                                                                EYES : 
The focus was on the Eyeliner using the new Lancôme Grandiose Liner. The idea was how to create different looks, just by changing your liner game. You could have a thin line, a thicker liner, a kitten flick, no flick or a full on Flick. It was indeed fascinating to try out the different looks.

As I was already wearing long wearing eye make up, Malia, started off by removing that by using the new Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover, so that she could start afresh.
She started off with an EyeShadow Primer - Lancôme Aquatique Waterproof Eye Color Base , in a shade closest to my complexion. An eyeshadow primer not only creates a uniform base, camouflages veins across eyelids, but also extends the life of your eye make up by acting as a glue almost for your eye shadows to stay on longer. She used her ring finger to blend the product.

She picked out the Lancôme Auda[city] in Paris Eye Shadow Palette . 

First she picked out a beige tone to dust all over the eyelids, as a base color.

Then she picked out a warm brown to create a crease line with a fluffy blending brush. She pulled up by eyebrows a bit, so that she could have a better grip at creating a crease line.

Then she picked out the lighest color, and used it as a highlighter , below the brows.

For the center of the eyes, she picked our a bronzey brown and just patted in the center of the eyes lighlty. Then she took a clean blending  brush and made sure that there were no harsh lines.

I love my share of eyeliners and wear them everyday. The New Eye liner was quite different in its packaging. Lancôme Grandiose Liner,which came with a unique handle. you cold adjust the angle of it, to ease you in drawing your eye line. It bends both ways and can also be held straight according to your convenience. We opted for Black . The pigmentation was great and I loved the fact how matte the color was.

We started out by drawing a  line closest to the eyalashes.

 A small Kitten Flick at first .

A full on Cat Eye !

If the Eye Liner came with a handle which could be turned and adjusted , how could the Mascara be far behind. Another new launch was the  Lancôme Grandiose Extreme Mascara which came with a bent wand, for better precision. Interesting !

Malia lightly filled in my caterpillar brows with Lancôme Le Crayon Poudre Eyebrow Powder Pencil where there were some bald spots or gaps. Then she used the spoolie end of the product to give it a more diffused look.  Overall she kept them natural.

Eyes done, it was time for us to start mapping the face.

                                                                  COMPLEXION 

We removed the rest of my face make up by using the new Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover   . Then we prepped the skin with Lancôme Advanced Génifique Serum. For moisturizer we used Lancôme Absolue Premium Bx SPF 15 Moisturizer Cream and under the eyes, we used  Lancôme Génifique Eye Cream. The right skin care is very important for creating a flawless base. We let the skin care sink in for a few minutes before we started our base make up.




We Primed my Face with Lancôme La Base Pro Oil Free Primer. I dont use Primers regularly, so it was nice to try out something and see if it actually made a difference.

Skin prepped, it was time to find out my Foundation Shade. We did the customary Three Shade test close to my jawline to see which color was undetectable. We settled for  Lancôme Absolue Bx SPF 15 Radiant & Replenishing Foundation in the shade 320NW. I have a warm undertone, so I usually settle for foundations with a warm undertone. Malia felt my complexion would work well with both Neutral tones and Warm tones. And finally opted for a Neutral Warm tone of Foundation. Great Tip.

She used a flat foundation brush to apply the foundation. Although it had SPF in it, the foundation did not flashback in photos.

For concealer, I usually opt for two shades lighter under my eyes. I have crazy dark circles and its helps in countering that. Malia matched me to a concealer which is my skin tone, rather than a shade lighter. It was a day of trying out new trends in make up after all. She used  Lancôme Maquicomplet Complete Coverage Concealer in the shade Dore . 

I have dry skin, but we wanted the make up to last long, so Malia set the base with Lancôme Absolue Radiant Smoothing Face Powder . 

Time for Contouring ! Malia opted for  Lancôme Blush Subtil All-In-One Contour, Blush & Highlighter Palette in Rose Flush. She used the highlighter shade on top of the cheek bones with a smaller brush, on the bridge of teh nose, and on the cupid's bow. She used the contouring shade, to map out where the narurals hadows of my face fall, to chisel out the cheeks. Finally she used the blush shade on the apples of my cheeks, and lightly blended the lines between the three products used to map out the face. This is the Make or Break Step in facial Make up, I believe.


What's Fall without some Berry Tones on the LIps? As we had gone lighter on the eyshadow, we could play up with lips. Hydration is key when the weather is dry, so we wanted a hydrating formula for the lips. My lips gets super chapped always.  Malia blended two shades from the new range of lipsticks - Lancôme L'Absolue Rouge Hydrating Shaping Lipcolor in Lancome Rose  and Rouge Chic to create a custom shade for me.

But before that, she lined my lips with a nude lipliner - Lancôme Le Crayon Countouring Lip Crayon to create a great lip shape. She started from the center, and then went along one side, then the other, and finally the lower lip.


Malia wanted to touch up the eyes after she had finished the Complexion. Earlier she had only lined my upper lash line. But she felt, I needed a liner for my lower last line, as it best compliments me. She used  Lancôme Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting Eye Liner in Black and smudged it some black eye shadow to create a more smokey effect. 

Here is the final Make Up Look created by Lancome. Now thats whats called being Fall Ready ! 


Huge Thank You to Dana Allison-Hill of https://louiseinleopard.com/ and Dr. Amrita Mitra for the lovely photos . Thank you to The Blog GuildMacy's Town Center Plaza and Lancome for such a lovely Make Up Refresh for Fall. Thank you to all my Family, Friends and Readers who dropped in to hang out with us and learn about Fall Beauty Trends. 

No comments