FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

KCFW DESIGNER INTERVIEW :T R BROWN



Designer Tiffany Brown wooed us again with her fabulous Fall Winter 2017 Collection - 'Chelsea Girls,'  at the recently concluded Kansas City Fashion Week. I got a chance to meet up with her on a few occasions, before I finally saw her collection on the runway. From KCFW Media Meet &Greet to Bubbly and Bowties, we got talking. And an Interview  on the Blog, seemed perfect, as I wanted my readers to get a sneak peek to this fabulous line - TRBrown and its fabulous designer - Tiffany Brown. 

Journospeak : Banker by Day and Designer by Evening. Tell us something about your journey as a fashion designer ? 
TR Brown : My journey to being a fashion designer has definitely not been an easy one. Fashion was always important to me, but i had an even more important decision to make after high school and that was to go to law school or go to a fashion institution. I decided that I needed to go to school to get a career that I would make money in. Right before applying for law school, I decided being an attorney was not the path I strived for anymore. I received a job offer from a banking institution where I have worked for some time. But two years ago, all that I could think about was doing something I was really passionate about . I decided I needed to take a stand on it. I am self taught seamstress but I needed to learn techniques which led me to taking courses at Johnson County Community College. The fashion department was kind enough to allow me to enter into my first fashion show . Ever since then(1 year ago) , I have been on the path to show everyone what TR Brown has to offer. There are days when I definitely feel like I am living a double life . ( Haa Haa)


Journospeak : Your latest collection " Chelsea Girls" was a crowd favorite at KCFW FW'17 . How did it come about as an inspiration ? 
T R Brown : I have always had a fond love for the 70s and I wanted to create a collection that had a more upscale take on 70s fashion. "Chelsea Girls", is a collection where I am inspired by the women of Chelsea, New York. These women were strong and made statements through the clothing they wore and never shied away from their real self.


Journospeak: What makes your latest collection aesthetically stand out ? 
TR Brown : Making women's ready to wear clothing might not get the same reaction as a beautiful gown. But the one thing that sets me apart from that is choosing the fabric.  Fabric has always been a specialty of mine and I think it can set you apart instantly.


Journospeak : Spring is here and we are dreaming of Summer days. What Trends do you think will be big in Summer ? In terms of Runway Trends of SS'17 becoming mainstream, which trends will be popular ? 
T R Brown : I think Bright Colors are going to be this Summer. As well as Over sized Ruffles(Which I love)


Journospeak : How does Tiffany Brown detox, when she is looking for fresh design ideas? 
T R Brown : Usually when I am looking for fresh design ideas, I go out and just browse fabrics to get the juices flowing. Since I have a huge love for fabric, the browsing phase is the most peaceful phase for me. When i find unique fabric, that I MUST have then I have to buy it and revisit it in a couple of days to start the brainstorming phase. Weight, color and texture of the fabric are all things that I consider when I am creating new designs. Oh and I cant forget Coffee, in the detox phase.


Journospeak : What plans for SS'18 shows coming Fall? Any Fashion Weeks in mind or on the roster? 
T R Brown : Whereas I am bummed that I will not be able to participate in Kansas City Fashion Week , this Fall, I am excited to share that I will be showing "Chelsea Girls," in addition to two new outfits at Portland's FashioNXT . I am really looking forward to this Fashion Week as not only do I get to reach a different demographic, but also I get to show the West Coast what people of the Midwest are capable of, when it comes to Fashion Design.


THANK YOU :
Ryan Swartzlander : For the picture taken at KCFW Bubbly and Bowties
Blubaugh Blueprints : For the picture taken at KCFW Media Meet & Greet 

No comments