FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

VELVET JACKET FOR SPRING


Velvet for Fall, Velvet for Winter and yes, Velvet for Spring ! I know, we are still in Winter, but the recent sunny days, has me dreaming of Spring.50 F and sign me up for bare legs in January.

 I was a huge Velvet fan during the 90s. But then velvet took a back seat for quite some time. With so many other 90s trends making comeback, Velvet too, reclaimed its fashion following. Style comes back in a spiral, and not exactly a full circle. While Velvet did make a comeback, the silhouettes had changed a bit, the aesthetics had changed. So when we wear Velvet now, we dont look like as if our 90s selves, made a time travel in future. That's the beauty of the fashion industry and how it keeps re-inventing itself. So I need not fret about the fact that my Mom gave away my old clothes from the 90s, which I had hoarded for years


 From crazy temps, when we got 50F weather, all of a sudden, I pulled out one of my dresses, for the weekend. daring you might say, as Winter is no way over. I wanted a play of neutrals for a Spring inspired outfit. Cue - My Crushed Velvet Jacket in Champagne. I know, I could have picked out a deep berry or a midnight blue, when it came to picking up my Velvet piece, but I went the neutral route. A white Lace body con dress, Crushed Velvet Jacket in Champagne, and my Leopard Booties. I was all set for Brunch with the fam.



 So many items in our closet, have so many stories with them. Every outfit has a story, they say. I was covering Holiday Mart, last year, and popped into a local boutique - Scoobie. There were so many beautiful things, that I tried on, but I could not decide what I wanted to pick up. Blame it on the fact, that I was jet lagged, as I had got back from Iceland , the night before. So I asked the owner, Sarah, that if she had to style me in any item of her choice, what would that be. She picked out this amazing Crushed Velvet Jacket, with the most beautiful ruching details at the back and along the arms. It was love at first sight. I have worn the jacket, with Denim, with dresses and skirts, and its so versatile. It adds that chic edge to any outfit, that I make it a part of. Not to mention that its a conversation starter. I am wearing it in a Small, and it fits true to size. As its a Bomber style, so it hides my food baby and is the perfect layering piece. Did I mention that its a copy of a Free People Jacket, and priced at exactly half the price.

And yes, I wear White all year round. Just like Leopard, White is a Neutral for me. So while I am in the middle of Winter, White Lace and Champagne Velvet had me dreaming for Spring, even if it was for the weekend. Keep Dreaming ladies !



SHOP SOME VELVET JACKETS :


Leopard Booties under $40 : http://journotalk.blogspot.com/2017/12/leopard-booties-under-40.html

Earrings : http://www.sugarbeebling.com/ 

4 comments

  1. This is a great jacket on you Ritz. I love those leopard booties too. Perfect touch!

    x,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this spring velvet fashion clothes, Thanks for sharing with us. Buy clothes with best shopping collection here with great discount cashback offers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies style 2010 has additionally seen the relaxed fitted shirts combined with denim pants looking great on ladies for that cool look. Denim pants won't ever be leave design. There is a rebound of torn pants collaborated with white shirt. Fashion apparel store

    ReplyDelete