FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

WHOLE FOODS KCMO GRAND OPENING

What if I told you that you could sip on wine with your husband, at your next grocery trip? Listen to some jazz and chill out at the bar! Or the kiddos get to take a pick from a never-ending line of Mac and Cheese?  Yes, all this and more at the brand new Whole Foods, which opened in Kansas City, Missouri on May 23rd. They got your date night with hubs taken care of, while both of you tackle groceries. Even a fractured foot could not hold me back from attending their pre-opening party, held earlier in the week.


Whole Foods Market only brings forth the best of the best, so their customers can get the best quality in anything that they pick up, be it beauty products, or grocery items or even a cup of Joe. The 48,000 square feet grocery store features 200+ plus Kansas and Missouri vendors, the Fountain Room, the Allegro Coffee Bar and a Seafood Bar to name a few. Let's start with the Fountain Room, which has 22 different craft beers on tap, wine by the glass and handcrafted cocktails, and a full lunch and dinner menu. For me, that takes care of my next date night with my man.Or even Happy Hour with my girls ! That is the perfect example of adulting done right if you ask me.

Do you like your food hot or do you like your food cold? There are oven fresh pizzas, or oysters or Sushi to take your pick from if you should decide not to eat the Fountain Room.

 Their Seafood Bar is a first for Whole Foods Kansas City stores, which will be featuring traditional and rotating seasonal flavors. Offering in-house ceviche, poke and smoke salmon options, shoppers can create their own custom blend as well.


Food on a stick is always a good idea, isn't it? And if macarons were not decadent enough, then they were dipped in chocolate sauce, then dipped in crushed dried raspberries or sprinkles and passed on to you on a stick. Whole foods know how to party, family style, I tell you!

One section of the store which caught my eye was definitely the Cheese section. My dreams have so often featured the huge discs of Parmigiano Reggiano, finding their way to my kitchen. Whole Foods had a wedge of a huge disc of aged gouda, under a salamander. And the oooey-gooey cheese was paired with crackers and prosciutto for the perfect bite. There's a Certified Cheese Professional(CCP) always available in store to help you, make your next Cheese Board.

A Seafood Boil which stretched on for a mile almost and a never-ending array of Mac and Cheese which kept both parents and kiddo happy.

If cold libations or spirits are not your jam, then there's Coffee galore! I am a coffee drinker and I am often joking that there's more coffee in my veins than any other liquid. The Allegro Coffee Bar is a one-stop shop for an afternoon pick me up, or a morning fix. I opted for my Cold Brew while Hubs settled for his Capuccinno to round off the evening, as we enjoyed some fabulous Live Jazz.


Whole Foods Market is located at Brookside 51 in Kansas City, MO. Hope you are headed there soon, to make your grocery run more fun. Thank you so much Whole Foods Kansas City !

No comments