FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

HOLIDAY HAIR : CARAMEL TOFFEE FOILAYAGE




 4 days to Christmas. How exciting is that! I was in two minds, whether I do an Outfit Post, or I write about my fabulous new hair color. I decided to let the outfit post, wait till Christmas day and pen down a beauty post. I got in a lot of requests for more posts on hair, especially after the success of my Summer Hair Rehab post.
I have been getting my hair colored since I was 16. As tempting as it may sound, I never try and use box color. There's a reason that there are experts, in this case, Hair Experts. They went to Beauty School and have years of experience. And they can execute results, without frying your hair. I trust my hair expert - Amanda Pogue of Studio A Salon, KC. She has been taking care of my hair, for almost a decade now. I have textured hair and she understands that textured hair has special needs.

While I go for regular trims and bang trims, I had been having long hair, for the last few years. It was time to change that and maybe even change the hair color. Last but not least it was time to address the Grey situation.  While I get Blonde balayage, I like shadow roots. Which also meant, that my greys, were becoming super prominent. I come from a family of premature greying, and my greys are mostly concentrated on the crown of my head. So we put grey coverage on the plan.

Its almost been 5 years, since I went this short with my hair. It is always a big change when you go for such a drastic length reduction, but t slowly grows on you. Amanda gave me a Layered Lob. It is easier to manage and style, especially with all the stress, with the move. We retained the side swept bangs, as I love my bangs.
Regarding the actual hair color, I knew I didn't want to going back to being icy blonde now. So for grey coverage, Amanda, colored them with my natural hair color- black. This was my first experience with grey coverage, and I learned that it needs to be followed up every 8 weeks or so.

Caramel Toffee Foilayage was the route we opted for when it came to the overall hair color. Caramel is a broad spectrum, and it is up to the stylist and client, what tone or shade they want to opt for. The perfect middle ground between blondes and brunettes, especially at this time of the year, when we love everything warm and toasty. With hair color, often what you see, is not what is achieved in one sitting. In my case, it was no different. In the first sitting, we had the grey coverage, the haircut and we had Balayage.
And in the second sitting, we went over it, with a  round of traditional Foils, to achieve the hair color, we wanted. I have a warm undertone, so I believe that the warmer tones of hair color, compliment me much more, especially in colder weather. It adds that much-needed touch of warmth to my overall skin tone and makes my eye color pop more. Doesn't wash me out or make me look pale!

A session in a hair stylist's chair is surely therapeutic!





No comments