FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

SILVER JUMPSUIT : FROM KCFW TO NYE










Happy New Year everyone! Hope all of you are doing great. It's the first day of everyone getting back to work, after the Holidays. So it made sense that I had a new post on my log. The days from Christmas Eve to New Years just flew by, and now I need a vacation to tide over the vacation. Doe sit happen to all of you? We are fortunate that we have so many fabulous friends, who are like family, who graced us with their company these holidays. 

New Year's Eve is clearly a special night for us. I and my husband have always partied together. While earlier it was Westport and then KCPL, nowadays its mostly parties either at our home or at a friend's home, along with all the kiddos. But one thing, we have not given up on, is dressing up for New Year's Eve. And this outfit post is about a fabulous outfit which is fashion week approved. 

Yes, you heard that right. The Silver Jumpsuit is something which can easily take you from the red carpet of fashion week to a glittering new year eve party. In my case, from the finale of Kansas City Fashion Week fall Winter' 18, to our new year eve party. The finale of every season of KCFW is all about the big guns from your closet. 

While I am not a fan of glitter in general, I like it on my clothes, only if its the Holidays or its Kansas City Fashion Week. The Silver Jumpsuit is from Target and is sadly not available anymore.  But I have linked similar ones, below. Personally, I am very skeptical of jumpsuits, as I am petite, and I have a mom-bod. This jumpsuit, in particular, was a culotte style one or a cropped jumpsuit. But in my 5feet frame, it was a perfect size, for a full-length jumpsuit. It has a tie around the waist which can be adjusted to camouflage my problem areas, which are always around my tummy. Last but not the least what makes this jumpsuit a perfect party outfit, is the liquid silver color of it, along with the ribbed textural details on the fabric. I have worn this jumpsuit in March to KCFW( when these pictures were taken) and in December for NYE, and in both occasions, this jumpsuit was the perfect conversation starter. Mine was a gift from my cousin and was chosen by my cousin and my husband when they had been out shopping for me. 

So if you wanted to pick up a jumpsuit for yourself, make sure, you have the right length. If you love something, don't hesitate to get the length altered or tailored. The next detail, you need to watch out for is the fit of the jumpsuit. I opted for something, which was loose and flowing, and more forgiving for n problem areas, So keep trying jumpsuits n a few styles, till you find something, that you truly love. 

LET'S SHOP :

No comments