FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

PINK LIPSTICKS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY

 Happy Valentine's Day everyone! What are your plans for today? We usually go out for either lunch or dinner and I get an excuse to get dressed in my reds or pinks. This year, we are without a plan.

 Although we have no sign of Spring yet and are awaiting another round of snow storms, I reached out for my pinks and blush tones, in general. They help me cheat my mind into thinking that maybe it is Spring, which is around the corner. And if you know me well, you are aware that I have a relationship with my lipsticks. So for the love of Pinks and for the love of Lipsticks, I rounded up some of my favorite Pink Lipsticks, for you to wear on Valentine's Day.
COLOR REFERENCE - LEFT TO RIGHT 
                                                    Stila Liquid Lipstick in Patina:
This is my current favorite pink lipstick and I must have ODed on it. The color has been described as Dusty Rose. Its matte, but not drying at all. Its long-wearing and does not flake off. I love blue toned lipsticks and this is another example of that. (color - first from left)
                                                         MAC Star Magnolia :
My love for blue-toned lipsticks carries on with Star Magnolia. It's a shiny bubble gum pink, which compliments almost everyone. It has Pearl finish and has medium coverage. (color - 2nd from left)

                                                            MAC Flamingo:
Its described as being Light Milky Coral but in reality its a pinkish coral, and very apt for V-Day. Its Lustre finish, so needs some touching up if you have a meal. Soft and hydrating and just glides on, with sheer to medium buildable coverage. (color - 3rd from left)
MAC Girl About Town : 
Bluish toned, fuschia with dark notes, is how the color can be described. Its an Amplified finish from MAC, which means that the color payoff is the max, of all of the finishes offered by MAC. I definitely use this shade of lipstick, in the evenings, as its a bold color, in the pink family.  
(color- 6th from left)

MAC Mehr: 
One of the most iconic shades of MAC lipsticks, which was created by MAC global artist Mickey Contractor. For the uninitiated, he is the guru of Bollywood makeup. MAC used to be a limited edition color but has now been on the permanent line for some years. Its one of those colors, which is a favorite of beauty bloggers across the world, and more often than not sold out, when you reach the MAC counter. MAC Mehr is described as dirty Blue Pink. You do see a trend here, don't you?  Its Matte finish, but is not as dry as Ruby Woo and does not flake off by any means. (Color - 5th from left) 

NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Bound:
I was introduced to this color, through my then Sephora Play box subscription. Its a darker version of MAC Mehr, to say simply. Rose pink is how Nars describes it, and they are on point. The formula is good and non-drying. It has a semi-matte finish, which makes it a great choice for longer hours. (Color- 4th from left) 

Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Very Vintage :
This is a new shade in this line fo liquid lipsticks from Sephora's own brand. I am in love with this line, especially their matte offerings. The color payoff is great, and they do not flake off. If you have had a meal, then it fades as a stain, rather than being botchy. It is a pinkish purple, if you describe the color, and can easily transition from day to night. (Color -last from left)

Hopefully, you have found a shade of pink which you would love to wear on Valentine's Day and throughout Spring. 

No comments