FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

WHAT I WORE THIS CHRISTMAS:RED&BLUSH







Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas! It is officially that lull between Christmas and New Year's when many of us lose track of which day of the week it is. While I get ready for another round of scans for my husband, who just won his battle over cancer, I decided to sneak in a few moments, to write. As I always say, writing is therapeutic for me. New Year is officially more than 48 hours away. so it made sense to write about what I wore this Christmas. As promised, I had shared what my Christmas Eve outfit was, so here comes the next installment of all things festive, for this year.

I fell in love with this red skirt, when I had first seen it, almost 5 years ago. And I can assure you, that its a conversation starter. A full skirt is a favorite of mine, but with my petite frame, often it is a hard hunt, to pick out just the right one. I had first blogged about this skirt, when I had worn it for Kansas City Fashion Week, in 2015. I had paired this skirt with a polka dot top, and leopard pumps. I had styled this skirt with a Superman Tshirt for my daughter's Super Girl Birthday party, earlier this year. I love this skirt so much, that I pulled out this skirt again. Last year, I had paired it with a gunmetal glitter tank for Christmas dinner downtown.

This Christmas, it was all about letting the Red notes shine. I love playing up colors in a similar family. So a dusty rose silk shirt to off-set the textured red full skirt. Red statement earrings from Bauble Bar, Red lipsticks, black-footed tights, and nude pumps. The wind was mischevious, so the skirt looks fuller in some shots than it actually is. I fell in love with how festive and fun the combo is.
This red skirt surely is a classic in my closet, as I love how many ways I can style it. From Valentine's Day to Christmas, there are quite a few styles to rock with this beauty. A high waisted skirt is also very flattering for anyone of us with a mom bod. It helps me rock the festive colors, without having to force myself into a Spanx. Nope, bodycon dresses are happily retired from my closet, at least for now.

Thank you to all of you for supporting me in my blogging journey for 10 years in a row! Have a wonderful New Year.

SHOP MY OUTFIT:

No comments