FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

PAMPERING SESSION AT POSH KC

Who doesn't love a pampering session! I know I do, and so does my daughter. So we decided to get pampered at Posh KC Blow Dry Bar, in downtown KC, for a mommy-daughter date! And guess what, if you wanted to get pampered at Posh KC, I have a special discount code for my followers in the Kansas City area. Scroll down to the end of the post, for the discount code.

Posh KC, as the name suggests is a blow-dry bar, located in the Power and Light District in downtown Kansas City. In the last 5 years, they have made their name in being the premier in beauty and bridal provider in Kansas City!
We booked our appointment online and arrived right in time for our appointments. We were both wearing our masks, and so were the lovely ladies at Posh KC. We got our temperatures checked and filled out a disclosure form. The clients were socially distanced from one another. 
Riona has been dancing for the last five years and is used to the idea of getting her hair and makeup when it comes to recitals. She enjoys the experience and tries to soak in as much as she can. Am sure you'll remember our Mother's Day video where she did my makeup and rocked it totally. She opted for a service called The Princess. It is a pampering session meant for ladies 12 and under. It comes with an optional wash, hairstyle, glitter spray, and lip gloss. Cristina Espinosa was my daughter's stylist and was so patient and wonderful during the whole experience. Rina has long hair and usually loves to keep it open. But I wanted to see some braids on her. So Cristina made both mom and daughter happy, by curling Riona's hair and then doing a wonderful braid on one side! Loved it. Come Riona's next recital, I might book an appointment with Cristina, to do Riona's hair and makeup.  
Now it was mom's turn to get pampered. I opted for The Signature, which includes a wash, hairstyle, and makeup. Alyssa Gerber was my hairstylist, and she took such good care of me. I was undecided whether I just opt for a blowout or should I opt for some braids too. I mentioned to Alyssa how Farrah Fawcett has always been my hair inspiration, and I love a retro-vibe. She nailed it with her blow out, where she gave me an amazing root lift, with minimal back-combing. I am now officially in love with Unite's Expanda Volum, as a root lifter. Alyssa besides being a fabulous hairstylist is also is a rescue-dog mom like me, and yes, we had to talk about our puppies as well! 






After my hair was done, it was time to switch to Cristina's makeup chair. We spoke a bit about what I like and don't like about makeup. If you know me, then you know that I love everything makeup. But sometimes you fall into a rut as you keep repeating the same looks over the years. I told Cristina to surprise me, and that she did. From false lashes to skipping eyeliner, from finding a perfect nude, it was fun chatting up all things makeup with Cristina! 
If you are one of my followers in the Kansas City area, and you wanted to get pampered at Posh KC, then use the code Ritz5. When you book online, there is an option to include a note, and you can add the code there. Occasion or no occasion, its always a good idea to get pampered! 

No comments