FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

BRONZE EYE MAKE UP: PLAYING WITH METALLICS AND NUDES




I had always considered myself to be more of a Silver person in my growing up years. i gravitated towards Silver jewelry and so on and so forth. But as I aged, I felt I had not been kind to Golds or Bronze tones. While my jewelry tastes still remained the same more or less, I decided to branch out in terms of Make -Up.

The NAKED 1 palette form URBAN DECAy was pretty helpful in this endeavor. So I began playing more and more with combination of Bronzes and Golds and the experimentations carried on. It was then that I discovered how well a Bronzy Smokey Eye is.




It cam be toned down with a Nude Lip. Or dressed up for the Night with a  Bold Lip. The same eye color combo can look so different and yet always so put together. It became such a favorite that I kept going back to it, every now and then.

The key to any eye make up is a great EyeShadow base. I love EYE SHADOW PRIMER by URBAN DECAY .A good drug store alternative is the L'OREAL DE-CREASE. 

 I started off playing with HALF BAKED eyeshadow from NAKED 1 palette from URBAN DECAY in the inner corner and half of the eye lid. Its a brilliant Golden Bronzey Shade. Very metallic. Yet very Chic I paired that with DARK HORSE  or HUSTLE from the same platte in the outer corner. Buffed the Crease with my favorite NAKED eye shadow from the same palette.


Then I ventured off to include something which had been lying in my Make -Up drawer for quite some time. I had picked up some Maybelline Eyeshadow Trios some time back. But somehow never used them much. There's one particular Trio called GOLDEN TREASURE . I am smitten by it. Being a drug store eye shadow, its nowhere Chalky. Great Pigmentation and when paired with a good eye shadow base, lasts for hours, even if you're out dancing. Why had I not explored it, when I had first picked it up?! I used it on the inner half of the eyelid and used the similar colors on the outer corner and the crease as above.

Finished of the eyes with some BLACKTRACK FLUIDLINE gel liner from MAC Cosmetics and loads of black water proof Mascara. You can never have too much of Mascara.

For my face, I followed by FOUNDATION,CONCEALER,POWDER ROUTINE. In keeping with the Bronzy glow theme, I used COPPERTONE blush from MAC Cosmetics.

The beauty of this look, is that you can tweak it to suit the occasion. You can use it with a Black Eyeshadow like CARBON from MAC  in the outer corner to make it more vampy. You can use the Bronzey shade all over the lids and skip eyeliner and just use loads of Black Mascara and finish off with some Red Lips. It would look subtle for an at home party. So go ahead start your play with Broney colors on your eyes and don't forget to let me know how your paired it.



No comments