FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

FAVORITE BLUSH : HIGH END AND DRUGSTORE


In sync with my Favorites series on makeup, are my favorite Blushes. I decided to include both High End and Drug store in this post.

When it comes to Blushes, I don't experiment much. I have very dry skin, so I am very wary of formulas and how they might look on me. I have always felt that Blush is one step in Make-up wheere you can go terribly wrong, if you either pick the wrong color of if you apply wrongly.

So while applying Blushes, always use a Light hand and  a Blush Brush and apply the Blush on the Apples of your Cheeks in an outward motion. You can always build up more color if you want to. And you do not want to look like your cheeks are red blobs. If you feel your Blush is looking too strong for your comfort level, then just go over it with your Beauty blender or your foundation brush with which you have applied your foundation. This is a trick which always helps in making the Blush look more put together on the Cheeks.

I like to keep a variety of basic colors in my Blush Collection which suit my warm undertone.




ORGASM by NARS
Cult Favorite and also my favorite. Every make up enthusiast has had multiple pans of it in their collection. And you can see from the way, I have touched pan on this one, that how mI love mine. Its a shade which universally suits everyone. Yes, its the Ruby Woo of the Blush World, if I may say so. Its a Coral with pink undertones and tiny gold flecks in it. You can wear it during the day as well as rock it at night. Perfect with Nude lips or Red lips. Its a fool proof formula. LUMINOSO by MILANI is a close dupe of this blush to some extent.

COPPERTONE by MAC Cosmetics
This was my first ever MAC Cosmetics purchase. I had picked it from Bangalore(India),at at time when my home town Kolkata(India), did not have its Mac Pro Store or a MAC Counter. Its the Blush with which my love story with MAC Cosmetics began. Its a Matte Blush. Its Orangey but do not be put off by how bright it looks in the pan. its a warm color which is just perfect for Summer. And if you want to venture into Contouring,this can be used as a great contour as well. I have also used it as an overall bronzer to match my Foundation to my Tanned Skin when I had recently come back from a beach Holiday. Its a Product with multiple uses.

DELICIOZO PINK by MILANI
In Drug Store Blushes, I feel Milani does a decent job with their baked Blushes. Bella Rosa is a lovely Bubble Gum Pink almost. these Blushes are highly pigmented,so I recommend a lighter hand while applying these. Love their shinny gold packaging and the domed baked blush. These Blushes are ideal for travel, as even if they break, you don't lose much sleep,as they cost so less.

BELLA ROSA by MILANI
Its a a lovely Berry Color and comes off as very strong. As its so highly pigmented, this is a Night Wear Color only, I feel. Perfect for Fall and those cold days. It could also pair perfectly for Holiday Make-up

MELLOW WINE by WET'NWILD
Its a dusty rose color but the formula is not chalky. The pigmentation is quite strong ,but the blush fades off after a few hours. So if you are wearing this blush, you might need to keep it handy for touch ups. More suitable for Nights. This is surely a blush which you can throw in your travel make up bag for those nights when you want to party. A Budget buy for anyone who is looking to start a Make-Up collection and wants to play with colors.

2 comments