FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

GREEN EYE MAKEUP INSPIRED BY EMILY BLUNT IN DEVIL WEARS PRADA


We all need an inspiration every now and then. Inspiration on what to wear.Inspiration on what to cook. Inspiration on how to go on. I have also been guilty of the same. I need my dose of Inspiration from time to time.

I had to throw a Baby Shower dinner for a friend of mine here in Kansas City. We decided to host it in one of our favorite KC Restaurants, EXTRA VIRGIN. I had planned on wearing a black glitter skirt with a black and white printed peplum top. But I could not decide on my Make up.



Do I go for the Clasic Black Smokey Eye, as its a black dress and its a dinner?! While I was brainstorming on this, HBO was airing one of the all time favorite films: THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA. I must have watched the film a zillion times, but watched it again. And that's where I got my inspiration from. No, I am not talking on Andy Sachs'  Chanel Boots for Miranda Preistly's Hermes Scarves. I am talking of Emily Blunt. Especially from the scene, where Emily Charlton(played by Emily Blunt) is interviewing Andy Sachs(played by Anne Hathaway). She has the most gorgeous Emerald Eyes. Make up to kill for. And I knew it, I had to do it. Black and Greens are a match made in heaven. Through out the film, I guess Emily's eye make up, in the different scenes have been quite sensational. and every time, I watch the film(Did I tell you its saved permanently on my DVR), I discover some newer style or make up nuances. And I take down mental notes on how to re-create them or adapt them.


Of you look closely at Emily's Makeup, she does not have much of a gradation in color. So I decided to go for MAC Cosmetics HUMID eyeshadow. Its the perfect jewel tone. Its almost like Powdered Emerald has been pressed together. Its a Matte Eyeshadow with tiny specks of glitter in it.


For my face I did my Foundation and Concealer Routine

For my eyes, I started off with an Eye Shadow Base. Then I took Humid Eyeshadow from MAC Cosmetics in a Base Shadow Brush and patted the color to pack it in. I had applied some loose powder below my eyes to catch any fallouts as I was dealing with a darker color.

Then I took some Naked Eyeshadow from the Urban decay Naked Palette 1, in a Fluffy Crease Brush,like MAC 217,and buffed away at the edges. You can also use MAC Cosmetics Soft Brown Eyeshadow as an alternate Transition color. The idea is to buff away so that you cannot see the harsh lines of the green color. If in doing this, you feel your Green color is getting lighter, then pack in some more Green Color. Pack in and Keep blending, till you are happy with the Color Payoff and how well its buffed. You should have bright green eyes, but should not be able to see any harsh lines.




After I was satisfied with my eyes, I used a large Powder Brush to sweep away the loose powder I had used below my eyes, to catch the fall outs.

I lined my Eyes with  MAC Cosmetics Fluidline in Black Track and used Maybelline Falsies Mascara in Black for the lashes. I always opt for waterproof mascara as they hold a curl better. I am generally blessed with great eyelashes so I can get away without using an Eyelash Curler at all times.

For my Cheeks, I used NARS Orgasm blush. No surprise in there.

And I used Girl About Town Lipstick from MAC Cosmetics for a dash of pink.

I got rave reviews from the moment I walked in to the restaurant. They continued when I shared the pictures from the party on social media.

So next time you are worried about what to pair with a black outfit, think of Emerald Eyes. You are sure to make heads turn. And there shall always be some beauty enthusiast who will even figure out the inspiration, and give your brownie points for recreating it.












1 comment

  1. Do a few videos on how to wear make-up for make-up illiterates like me

    ReplyDelete