FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

TAKING CARE OF CURLY COLORED HAIR : BEAUTY : HAIR DIARIES


This is exactly how I look when I let my hair air dry after a wash. Before I try to start my taming process. Yes, its a process after all. If you need results , you need to stick to a routine. Like make -up or skin care, hair care is very personal. It all depends on what you want to achieve. If you are born with curls like mine, and you wish to get to work, with poker straight hair, then you go to set aside some time and do the needful. And if CURLS were not enough, my hair is COLORED. So my hair care routine is two pronged.

I am blessed with natural curls. Not the tight frizzy kind. But wispy loose curls which always seem to have mind of their own. This is how I feel on good hair days. And on bad hair days, I am forever cursing myself, as to why do I have curls. I am sure my straight hair gals, will die to have some texture in their hair. But as they say, grass is always green on the other side.


When my daughter was younger, she had pin straight hair. I was so happy thinking that she would not have to go through the 'I hate my  Curly Hair Phase,' which so many of us all are aware of. My younger brother is blessed with absolute straight hair. But as she grew up, her hair became more like mine. Welcome to the Curly Haired Club My Girl.

Since my hair is also colored, let me first touch down on the COLOR CARE part. Some of you might remember that I recently COLORED MY HAIR and that involves extra maintenance.

So I wash my hair with COLOR PROTECT Shampoos and Conditioners. And once a week I opt for a DEEP CONDITIONING treatment at home. While you are choosing your color care products, make sure they are Sulphate Free. In my last visit to India, in the Summer of 2014, I could not find a single Sulphate Free Shampoo or Conditioner in Kolkata. I hope they are available now. My favorite line would be REDKEN"S COLOR EXTEND shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioner. Its Holy Grail for me. A great drug store option is L'OREAL EVER PURE SULPHATE FREE COLOR CARE range If you feel your blonde highlights are getting dull, there's a drug store range called JOHN FRIEDA SHEER BLONDE GO BLONDER which does work. But before you use any lightening treatment at home, do consult your hair stylist.



After I shampoo and condition my hair, I towel dry it gently. Never tug at curly hair as its the weakest when wet. I use JOHN FRIEDA FRIZZ EASE LEAVE IN CONDITIONER.  I spray it liberally all over my hair and use a wide toothed comb to go through any knots and tangles.


You have a choice when you are dealing with Curls. How do you want to style it? If you want to embrace your natural curls and highlight them, then you have to introduce yourself to Curl Care Products. A good Curl Care range is PANTENE CURL PERFECTION. You can follow it with a serum for some extra nourishment. While in India I used to swear by L'OREAL OILISS. ANTI FRIZZ LEAVE IN SERUM. Its like Elixir in a bottle for curly haired girls in Humid temperatures. I used to bring back bottles of these, I remember during the initial years. It used to be a Salon only product but now I have heard that Amazon India sells it as well. Please stock up on it. even the man(who is blessed with tighter curls than me) reminisces about this product. Use a few pumps of it in your hand and apply through out your hair, concentrating more from mid length to ends. If you want to rock your curls, then use your hands to scrunch your hair and let it air dry,if you ave the time,


I usually Shampoo my hair every alternate day. Too much shampooing makes hair drier and strips it off its natural oils.

How do I style my hair if I have to go out? I will either style my curls or go straight. Coming up in a post very soon.

So go ahead and share your hair care routine with me.

LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS POST: 

MY HAIR COLOR ROUTINE: http://journotalk.blogspot.com/2015/03/my-honey-blonde-highlights-hair-diaries.html

REDKEN COLOR EXTEND RANGE: http://www.redken.com/products/haircare/color-extend?gclid=CMfX2_7Gv8QCFchcfgodF6YAQQ

JOHN FRIEDA FRIZZ EASE LEAVE IN CONIDTIONER: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod620034&categoryId=cat120008

L'OREAL EVER PURE COLOR CARE RANGE: http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/Brands/Hair-Care-Styling/Everpure.aspx

PANTENE CURL PERFECTION RANGE: http://pantene.com/en-us/shop-products/browse-by-collection/curl-perfection

JOHN FRIEDA SHEER BLONDE GO BLONDER RANGE: http://www.johnfrieda.com/en-US/ProductDetail/Hair-Care/Sheer-Blonde/Go-Blonder-Lightening-Shampoo

L'OREAL OILISS: 

4 comments

  1. Very well written...Concise and to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Srijita. Am so glad you liked it. I know so many of us have grown up hating curly hair,but its beautiful if we maintain it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog
    great information.
    Skin Care TreatmentsWe believe it’s never too late or too early to begin taking care of your skin. Our cosmetological solutions have been developed
    keeping in mind the general needs of your skin as well as the various problems that could possibly affect it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This means applying them to specific areas such as the face, making them ideal for dealing with certain areas such as scars or aging spots on the face and hands. Dr James glutathione Injection For Skin Whitening In India

    ReplyDelete