FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

ULTA HAUL AND MAKE UP GIFTS : BEAUTY


Who doesn't like that big bad orange bag stuffed with goodies? It takes some time to get past the admiration and finally use the products. What gets delayed and often gets shoved under the carpet, is actually writing about all that you splurged on.

I am surely guilty of the fact that this post is long due. So I decided to combine a few Make-up gifts I had recently got and do an overview on all the new products. I shall be doing individual Reviews on all the products after I have put them to the test.




Which make up lover doesn't love a free run at her favorite Make-up stores. I know I do. I had been planning to pick up a few things here and there from some brands I wanted to explore. But as with all things concerned to a haul, you go to pick up one eye liner or one lipstick and before you know it you have a shopping cart full of everything make -up. In this case, I had time constraint as I had squeezed in the Make-up shopping between two appointments.

Its no wonder that there were quite a few Red Lipsticks in the Haul.


My plan was to try out the new Melted Lipsticks from Too Faced Cosmetics. My friend and Youtube beauty guru Angeline, had been raving about them for quite some time. So it was high time, I tried my hands on these beauties.

I picked up the reddest red from the collection: Melted Velvet. It was gorgeous in its swatch. How long did it stay? A detailed review coming up soon. I like liquid lipstick which dry to a matte. This packaging claimed so.


I have an everlasting love story with my URBAN DECAY Naked Palette. The First one. The Naked original or whatever other name it goes by. The Naked 2 and Naked 3 were not a part of my Make-Up collection. Both of these are one of the most anticipated sequels in the make-up world. Its difficult to break the records created by the original Naked palette. While Naked 2 is more of cool toned neutral palette, NAKED 3 is more of rose gold and rosy neutrals. I love anything rose gold. No wonder I love all my Michael Kors Accessories in rose gold. So it was nothing strange that I opted for Naked 3 rather than Naked 2. Don't worry its next on the cards,but probably I will pick it from Sephora.



The Naked 3 came with some freebies. First up was the URBAN DECAY MAKE UP SETTING SPRAY in a sample size. I have heard rave reviews about this make up setting spray. Its a similar formula as the one by Skindinavia. Now that the warmer weather is closeby, I shall be able to put it to a test and see how far the laims are true. I generally shy away from Make up setting sprays as my skin is dry. I have heard that L'oreal has come up with two Make-Up Setting Sprays, one with a dewy finish and the other in a matte finish. Need to check those out next time and compare the three.


Next up was the URBAN DECAY 24x7 GLIDE ON EYE PENCIL in LSD. This is a favorite of mine. I love this range of eye pencils as most colors are pigmented which I have used so far. LSD is a glittery  carbon blue color. For the price the full size comes for, it better do its job and live up to the quality of this range.


It was time for some more lippies. Everyone in the Beauty world, swears by how hydrating the NYX Butter Lipsticks are. There are also NYX Butter Glosses to go with them. No I haven't been living under a rock to jump so late into band wagon. I have eyed them for a long time, but for my general inhibitions about drug store lipsticks, have shied away from them. I went ahead and went on a swatch fest and picked up three shades: JUJU( a deep red), FIREBALL( a corally red) and RAZZLE(a bright pink).

Now that the Haul part is over, let me mention some of the gifts I got from my friend Angeline. She is a very talented Make-up artist, who really knows her job pretty well. So when she pick sup something, you know it will become a staple in your make up routine.

She picked up the SMASHBOX ON THE ROCKS PHOTO OP PALETTE. This was my introduction to the SMASHBOX family. Its a beautiful palette with lovely jewel tones. And the packing is very chic. Its a set of 28 eye shadows in a range of colors and finishes.




Knowing the fact how much of a lipstick junkie I am, she picked up a lipstick collection,which had all three essential shades: LEGENDARY(a red), PRIMROSE(a pink) and a FIG(vampy berry.) SMASHBOX ON THE ROCKS -BE LEGENDARY LIPSTICK TRIO. This is a mini lipstick collection, and just perfect to try out the shades. All the shades are a part of the regular line. So if you like any of the shades, you could later pick them up in their regular sizes.The lipsticks area creamy and shiny. My only concern is that with a shiny Red Lip, you got to be very careful if you are out dinning. The red claims its a true red,but a true red always looks better in a matte formula. But definitely a great range to try out.

Both of these were a part of the SMASHBOX HOLIDAY COLLECTION and I got them as Birthday gifts.


Last but not the least was the URBAN DECAY AMMO PALETTE which Angie picked up for me as a HOLI gift. Since Holi is the festival of colors, a bright eye shadow palette with endless possibilities for combinations, is an ideal choice. Its a palette with ten colors.

Thank you Angie(Beauty and the Tube) for such luxe and thoughtful gifts. It takes a friend to understand a friend and you surely spoil me rotten.

As I had mentioned before,  I shall be doing detailed reviews on each of these products as and when I put them to test. The TOO FACED LIQUIFIED LIPSTICK REVIEW is coming up next.


LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS POST: 

TOO FACED MELTED LIQUIFIED LIPSTICKS REVIEW: http://journotalk.blogspot.com/2015/03/too-faced-melted-liquified-lipstick.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FxNqDz+%28journospeak%29


3 comments

  1. Very well-written and I liked the way you described it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So glad to see you pouring out all these blogs i just love it &i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Srijita and Angeline !!!! Love you both.

    ReplyDelete