FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

MY NEW HAIR CUT AND MY KARDASHIAN WAVES : RED CARPET HAIR

Before you start judging me for using the Kardashians as an adjective, let me clarify that I am not a fan of the Kardashians, Whether we like them or not , its hard to ignore their presence. And the reason I used this adjective was that it came up in the conversation of two friends so spontaneously, that it made sense to use it in the title. A better and more apt term would be Red Carpet Ready Hair 






BEFORE

BEFORE

It was time for a hair trim and I wanted to maintain my length as much as possible. But if you have similar textured hair like mine, then you know, how the right hair cut from the right stylist is important. Or else the elements play havoc, add to it the churned heat indoors, and my hair almost becomes a frizzy triangle, in ombre shades almost. That's where the Right Hair Stylist comes into the picture. Not only triangle is done away with but you hair is almost turned a 180 degree in terms of styling. Yes, I am talking of the magic of  Master Stylist Amanda Pogue of Studio A Salon. Magic, it is for sure. Even with zero make up on, she turned me into a total diva after I spent some time on her chair.

After out numerous virtual consultations, we did have a detailed conversation once I met her last evening. I was in the verge of growing out my hair. My chunky blonde highlights had outgrown into a beautiful ombre revealing my dark roots. She added long layers strategically so that my hair didn't lose its shape even when I was growing it out. And the length wasn't compromised much, It was a good length and somehow the highlights looked even better after the hair cut. 

Having someone wash your hair and do it for you, is such a luxury I feel. Its almost Zen like. Add to that , the part about styling it. The cherry soaked in liquer atop a decadent cheesecake almost. Amanda asked me how i wanted my hair to be styled when she finished the Cut. Earlier she had styled my hair into poker straight hair and even enhanced my natural curls . This time around, I asked me what her suggestion was. She mentioned if I wanted large waves like that of the Kardashians. I had never had my hair styled with a large barrel curling iron before and I leaped at the idea. 

Amanda added some frizz control product and blow dried my hair with a large round brush. 

Then she divided my hair into 4 different sections. Like we do so when we are straightening our hair with an iron. starting from the lowest section, closest to my nape, she sprayed some hair spray and used a 1 1/4 mm Curling Wand to curl my hair. She further divided this section of hair into a left and right section. She curled the right section facing inwards from the right. And curled the left section facing inward from the left. 









She left the curls fall and did not touch them.


 Once she had finished all of the hair , she used a touch of oil to lightly finger comb through the roots of hair to the ends. 






The result was Red Carpet ready hair . I just had a touch of eyeliner and some mascara and no other make up. Not even a smidge of concealer. Did I mention that the Toddler had a rough night of night terrors and Mommy was awake almost all night. Despite the dark circles devoid of concealer below my sleep deprived eyes, I looked like a movie star. The best part of a great hair cut and style is that it instantly lifts your spirits, Love love love my new hair. Thank you so much Amanda. What a lovely Christmas gift it is. I cant stop admiring myself . 

So if you want to experince your own Diva moment at the stylist's chair , fix your appointment with Master Stylist Amanda Pogue, at Studio A Salon , at Overland Park, Kansas. 

Merry Christmas everyone !







No comments