FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

KCFW SS17 WEDNESDAY OOTD - OFF THE SHOULDER PEASANT DRESS


The first night of Runway shows. What do I wear? The million dollar question, right. Every outfit has an inspiration, every outfit has a story. I had picked out this long off the shoulder peasant dress in Summer and wore it quite a few times during my travels in India. I wanted to wear it for Fashion Week, when I first scored it off the racks. The inspiration came in from all my travels across the South-West. My husband loves the Canyons and he would go hiking every weekend if his day job allowed.

While I am not much of a hiking fan, I build up on my collection of turquoise jewellery when I travel to those parts. And over the years I have built up quite a collection, if I may say. So it all started off from a South Western Travel inspiration and the outfit came together.

 I added in the broad black waist belt to give the outfit some dimension. The skirt of the dress is its high point. I wanted it to stand out. But I am petite and volume can go against me, and make me look boxy, if not handled properly. That's where a belt come sin handy. It draws attention to the smallest part of your waist and balances the volume .

As it was the first night of runway shows, I wanted to keep my footwear comfortable. My options were ballet flats or black leather booties. Seems like the latter won the day. There's something chic about long dresses, with boots. Makes it a lot more edgier I feel. For my makeup, I kept it minimal, with no eye shadow at all. I wanted my Fall essential berry lips to stand out- MAC Rebel, of course.

And did I mention that KCFW had re branded itself with new colors and logos to celebrate their !0th Runway Season. It felt good to wear the same colors on opening nights. Monocrhomes are timeless and always on point.
e






OUTFIT DETAILS : 
If you loved my Outfit, then you can click on the Links below to shop them.

White and Black Off the shoulder Peasant Dress(Sold Out) . Similar  Here 
Black Leather Quilted Booties  
MAC Satin Lipstick - Rebel 
Wide Patent Leather Belt

1 comment