FASHION

FASHION
FASHION

BEAUTY

BEAUTY
BEAUTY

FOOD

FOOD
FOOD

LAURA MERCIER SILK CREME MOISTURIZING PHOTO EDITION FOUNDATION & THE SEPHORA COLOR IQ


Who doesnt love Make Up shopping? I know I do. So when my trusty current favorite foundation - Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation ran out, I decided to bring in something new to my Foundation roster. I headed to the Sephora on Country Plaza ,as I heading downtown for an early dinner with the fam.

I didnt have an appointment, which I recommend having. My Make Up artist Karla and me got talking on what I was looking forward to in a new foundation. To start off with , my skin was super dry and I dont like flashback in my photos. Being a full time Lifestyle Blogger, I get photographed regularly, often at  events, with flash photography. So any foundation with SPF or Titanium Dioxide is a strict No No for me.

Laura Mercier Silk Creme, as its popularly known, has been a cult favorite for years. Youtube Beauty Gurus and Make Up enthusiasts have been raving about it over the years. But it has undergone some changes. earlier it was only available in a single formula. It was reformulated and brought out in two formulas, to  suit different skin types. Just like the Make Up Forever Ultra HD, this foundation in question, is quite true to its description - Photo Edition . It had been on my mind for a long time, along with Nars Sheer Glow another iconic foundation.

I had my Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation on that day. Karla recommended that we remove the existing make up and do a mini skin care routine, before we proceeded  to the Color Match with their Color IQ.

She used the Sunday Riley Blu Moon Tranquility Cleansing Balm, Sunday Riley Good Genes All in One Lactic Acid Treament and Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream. All products are listed at the end of the post.

If you are looking for Mini Makeovers, head to your local Sephora. Its a free service and you learn a lot.



Once the skin was prepped it was time to bring in the cameras. I kid you not. The COLOR IQ is a special device which takes photos of your skin , and matches you with probable matches of make up.
From foundation, to bronzers, to lipsticks, Color IQ has it covered. My Color IQ number is Y408. 





Of all the choices which popped up , we narrowed it down to three to try out : Nars Sheer Glow - Stromboli , Laura Mercier Silk Creme Photo Edition Moisturizing Foundation - Sand Beige  and Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Full Coverage Foundation - Golden Medium 44. 


We tried out all three shades suggested by Color IQ near the jawline and just above the decolletage. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation seemed to be the best match of three.


Once we had decided on the match, it was time to do the full face. Karla removed the stripes of foundation from the face. Then she used a brightening Primer - Laura Mercier Radiance Primer. I dont use radiance primers on a daily basis so it was good start.

Then she applied the foundation with the Laura Mericer Sponge. A little product went a long way. I have a serious case of under eye circles, so we used Laura Mercier High Coverage Concealer for Under Eye . Added some setting powder under the eyes , and in the T zone - Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder and finished  off with some bronzer - Laura Mercier Bronzing Prssed Powder, to add some color.





FOUNDATION REVIEW : 
Now for the First Impressions of the Foundation - Laura Mercier Silk Creme Photo Edition Moisturizing Foundation. As I have dry skin, I opted for this formula, over their oil free formula. A small squeeze of the tube, dispenses enough product to cover the whole face. I dont have the patented Laura Mercier sponge, recommended to go with it. I apply it first with my Real Techniques Flat Foundation Brush and then use a damp Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge over it. Its a medium to full coverage foundation. It does not cling to my dry patches, as I have very dry skin. This foundation is a long wear one. I have worn it for over 10 hours and been outdoors , and it stays put. The foundation tube needs to be shaken before use, or else the oils can separate. As far as packaging goes, I quite like the black packaging , which makes it very luxe. As its a tube, and not a glass bottle, it makes it a great choice for travel. I have been using it for over a month now, and I am loving it. When used with a radiance primer, it gives off a very dewy finish. Its the dry winter months and I am loving my glowy make up base.

SHOP MY LOOK :

Sunday Riley Good Genes Lactic Acid Treatment
Sunday Riley Tidal brightening enzyme water cream
Sunday Riley bBue moon tranquility cleansing balm

     

No comments